how do I use google analytics for my website?
Question by regina_phalange021: how do I use google analytics for my website?
I want to use google analytics to optimize my website. I haven’t registered yet though, because I’m not ready to–my site isn’t up yet. I’m just curious how the whole thing works.
Answer by oni-kun 卍
You install a simple tag into your website like at the bottom
It’s probably less then this since this is an older code I used, lol.
Anyway it scans who goes onto your site and directly places it into your free analytics account listing where people come from, such as if they come to your site from a link. And other useful stuff such as where they quit your site, or which pages they viewed most etc.
Webalyzer is almost 30x as infotic so I personally use that..
Add your own answer in the comments!
- How can i track my website in google analytics?
- Web Analytics Q & A With Avinash Kaushik & Nick Mihailovski Part 2
- How can I make it available for website visitors to create their own profiles on my website?
- How do I get more web traffic / unique visitors to my website?
- Authors@Google: Avinash Kaushik