How can a website block traffic from an adserver?
Question by mwd4abw: How can a website block traffic from an adserver?
adv-adserver.com is sending traffic to my website and increasing the bounce rate which hurts the website.
How can this be stopped?
This is a company placing pop ups or unders on my site and it doesn’t matter about the content on the site because all visitors that come this way are there for 0 seconds.
This should be illegal.
Answer by Mike S
Can’t be stopped…its doing this for people looking for content on searches….and when your website has similar content ..then it’s listed…..the spiders and crawlers on the internet do that…it’s called SEO (Search Engine Optimization)………The bounce rate means that the content on your site was of no use to them…so they clicked off……..
PS: you may want to narrow the tags…for searches……to many tags will create alot of traffic but a high bounce rate…the correct or useful content tags will decrease the bounce rate.
Add your own answer in the comments!
- Besides Search Engine Optimization, what are other cheap easy ways to get traffic to your website?
- How to format meta tags for free website traffic?
- Q&A: Does redesigning a website affect google ranking?
- Q&A: How do I get more traffic to my wireless site?
- Can I redirect traffic from one website to another website?